Discover the benefits of Botox at our practice.
Botox is a medication that can help you achieve a more youthful, radiant appearance. There are many different reasons for patients to choose to receive Botox treatment, from wanting to remove fine lines and wrinkles to treating more severe conditions such as TMJ and chronic migraines.
What is Botox?
Botox is a naturally purified protein that can only be prescribed to you by a healthcare professional. It is used as a temporary treatment for patients between the ages of 18 and 65. Botox treatments are quick and comfortable. Within 3 to 4 days you will begin to notice a visible softening of the lines on your face.
How does Botox work?
Botox is a temporary medication which relaxes the muscles beneath the skin, so that fine lines and wrinkles become less visible, giving your skin a healthy, more youthful appearance.
Depending on each individual case, the results can last up to 4 months. Treatment is temporary, and once the Botox begins to wear off, the skin may return to the way it looked before treatment.
Botox can also used to relieve symptoms of TMJ and headaches.
Am I a good candidate for Botox?
Botox may or may not be the right treatment for you. The best candidates for treatment with Botox are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Diagnosed with, and experiencing discomfort from, TMJ
- Concerned with removing wrinkles and fine lines
- Looking for a non-surgical skin treatment
- Aware that Botox results are temporary
- In good physical and psychological health
- Willing to discuss their concerns and desires with their dentist before treatment
- Give us a call today to schedule your Botox consultation.